• 450g ground chicken
• 1 to 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
• 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
• 3 tbsp “be sweet” Florina’s Red Pepper spoon sweet (slightly drained)
• 1/3 cup green bell pepper, cut into pieces
• 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
• 1/2 tbsp sugar
• 4 pineapple rings (fresh or canned)
• 4 tomato slices
• 4 burger buns
Step 1: Place the chicken, garlic, ginger, green pepper, onion, salt, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl. Using your hands, combine the ingredients gently, but thoroughly. The mixture will most likely be quite moist and sticky. Form into four 1½ cm thick patties, place on a plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Step 2: Meanwhile heat a pan on high temperature. Oil the pan and cook the pineapple rings, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Step 3: Oil the pan again and cook the chicken burgers until no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
Step 4: On each bottom burger bun place a slice of tomato, top it with a chicken burger, a portion of “be sweet” Florina’s Red Pepper spoon sweet and a slice of grilled pineapple. Serve with chips and coleslaw.